May 28, 2013

The Election


Hello boys and girls, I'm back and it's the final post of the year. Focusing on one of the final events of the year, the election. The candidates are: William Yu and Cydney Chan, Rebecca Nguyen and Damon Lundy, Kenar Bannister and Ayotunde Summers, Daniel Padulo and Andrew Burgers, and finally yours truly, Oscar Orellana and Joanne Yu. A lot of choices, I know. I could tell you who not to vote for, but I'm not gonna! I haven't heard any plans  of change for the school from any of them. But they all promise the  same thing, change. Guess we'll have to wait for the speeches( that'll be fun). I think most everyone are iconic figures around the school, save a few. We're all pretty much athletes, or honor students, and all that good stuff we say we are. But that doesn't mean boot. I've got plans in stored for this school, I do! Don't want to spoil them, but here's one. We need a new microwave, nothing too fancy, just new. The one we have is dirty and old, could collapse on us any day. And I know very well how to get the money for items like that. Also maybe a coffee machine, elaborate I know, but I got the swing of it. And more, an economical plan you know? Basically, I've got an idea to help this school, I really want to. I'm not running for fun or just for the sake of running or because of a feeling of entitlement or whatever like some of the other candidates. Politics, it's a sticky business. And if you think your vote doesn't matter, then ha I say. Trust me, one person can be the difference between a good president and a bad one. And the president affect clubs, events, a number of things. But we can't change any school policies or rules or stuff like that. We can't. So vote when it comes to it. I've said it and ill say it again. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not"- Dr. Seuss, the Lorax.
So vote, and vote for Oscar and Joanne 2014! (It's my blog post I get to be bias, and soon to be site!)
And until next year! 
-Oscar 
(This message has been supported by the Lorax club)

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.