March 19, 2013

The Offseason


By Joseph P. (12)
Now that the basketball season is over for the Blue Devils, they are now reflecting on the season.
As a player in any team, you’ll have to look back on the season and point out all the strengths and
weaknesses of your game. The Blue Devils had a tough season this year on both ends, the Boys’
losing their playoff chance in the final games, and the Girls’, losing the first round of the playoffs. It
was a valiant effort, but it wasn't enough to push the Baruch teams to the top.
On a personal note, this was the best season I’ve ever had. Averaging almost 17 points per game
with almost 10 rebounds, my summer practice had truly showed. I was doing what I was supposed
to be doing, but I wasn’t entirely great. My defense was atrocious compared to my offense. And
even in my offense, I forced many shots and had costly turnovers. It was learning experience, and I
will be trying to play college ball.
As many of the seniors on both teams will be leaving, it will make the team different, as they can’t
rely on players to do things for them. They’ll have to do it on their own now. They have to use
everybody, even if they weren’t even close to what the seniors had done. It’s a matter of
teamwork and understanding what someone is capable of doing.
It’s now time to bulk up, to practice your game in whatever sport you played. Practicing by yourself
is key. It’s sacrificing time of your own to become better.








0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.