December 29, 2012

Contacts vs. Glasses

I've had glasses since middle school and throughout most of high school. It started with a pair of wire rimmed burgundy glasses. By my sophomore year I upgraded to a trendy, black plastic frame. And finally as a senior, my parents decided that I was responsible enough to get contacts. It was something that I've wanted for so long and I was so excited. I currently use Acuvue with hydraclear plus which are two week disposables.
Since the switch, its pretty darn clear, I am definitely a contacts type of girl. I never felt comfortable with glasses and I hated the feeling of something sitting on my face. I also noticed that a lot of oil around where the glasses touched my face so I made sure to sterilize my glasses at least once a week. My hair always got caught in my glasses and sometimes it was painful to release them. Although contacts are definitely a lot more work, I enjoy them a lot. Every contact wearer knows that it's so important to keep your hands clean. I don't know that I've ever used this much soap in my life.
But not everyone likes the hassle. So what do YOU prefer? Glasses or contacts?
And if you have 20/20 vision, then lucky you.
(Lookie at my owl friends creeping in the photo)

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.