December 29, 2012

Jewelry-Making

Whenever I have free time, I like to spend it by doing something creative. Recently, I got hooked on creating my own jewelry. At first it started with simply beads on string, to complicated weaving of friendship bracelets, and now it’s a mixture of both. Since I’m allergic to the “fake metal” in most jewelry I decided to use cord, and the great thing about cord is it is very durable. When I don’t have ideas on making a bracelet, I go out and buy a book to teach me. I’m one of those people who learns quickly by instructions so, once I read it, I do it, and then I have it. And when I’m done making it, I like to wear it, showing off what I accomplished. Also when I give it to someone, like my sister or my mom it’s really satisfying to see someone else wearing something I made, that I put my hard work into. I have to say Michaels is my go-to store for all things art & crafts, and that is where I get all my beads. So far, I’ve only done bracelets, I find that, the more basic the weaving is, the less “pretty” the bracelet actually comes out. So I’ve stuck to more difficult time-consuming designs, and I’m so pleased with them. I hope that I can make a bunch, to give to my friends and family. Try something new, instead of buying your jewelry; make it for yourself, it’s so relaxing and fun.

- Zakiyyah Mandisa 

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.