February 1, 2013

Photography on Rainy Days

I took this photo on a rainy day without an umbrella on a Canon DSLR. I know, I sound pretty stupid for bringing my camera outside when it is raining without an umbrella but I can’t seem to stop. I feel heavier when I bring an umbrella and way more noticeable. I find it hard to take sincere photos when everyone knows I have a camera on me. I have even started to shoot from the waist up but I digress. If you want to take photos in the rain, don’t be a cheap camera destroyer like me, get a waterproof case. You will be very happy with the results and your camera will be very safe.
But if you do decide on being a cheap camera destroyer, here are some tips:
1) Stand somewhere where the rain water isn’t dripping too much.
2) If you’re in an open space, keep the camera close to your body.
3) Know what your shot is going to look like before you take it. Pre-compose your shot so that when you do take out your camera, you can take a quick photo with it becoming soaking wet.
But seriously, keep your camera safe. Don’t be a reckless turtle like me.

- Esther Turay 

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.