February 11, 2013

Physical Education


Greetings students of Baruch, I come to you with a post of some what attention. We all now the deal with gym, first half is the physical unit. Mainly for exercise and preparing for the fitness test. But then we're cut off and forced into some dance unit. And why? Because we have to just because it has been shoved into our curriculum. Well, I don't like it. This class once meant something, an opportunity to exercise. Another opportunity actually, I do exercise on my own. But that doesn't  make anything better. And students, I know I am not the only one with this opinion. I get around and talk to others, many others agree for different reasons. And those of you who I have not spoke to, but feel this way as well, listen here. I don't deem it fit for kids to be spending this time dancing. It is not a  exercise, it won't get you physical at all. But the regular exercise in that half hour is good, people need some exercise. I'm not exactly the fit guy, but I do enjoy a good exercise. And students, I have tried, been involved and achieved nothing. My idea is I'm just one person, but I'm that one person willing to speak up out of many. Like a activist or a billboard. If more people stood hey, maybe something could be achieved. But we don't have to just exercise. PE involves sports as well. We have the equipment, we can do something else that's more physical. Its a shame it all goes to waist.

 This is just something I wanted to express, because like I heard in a quote "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothings going to get better. It's just not." -Dr. Suess. 
-Oscar O

3 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous11:22 PM

    I agree! A lot of people don't like dancing and I don't think that we should be forced into interacting with everyone in the class. I personally didn't feel comfortable when I was a freshman dancing with all the guys in the class. Although its just dancing, I'm just conservative like that.
    I would much prefer "games" like steal the bacon, tag, etc. They're competitive and will definitely include all students. They would also keep students interested...some might even enjoy gym.
    Not implying that dancing is bad, but the unit shouldn't be as long as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:10 PM

    I agree with you and how intimidating it was being forced to dance Freshman year, but I guess as we mature, I kind of thoughtless of it. I actually think the dancing unit is quite awesome... I sometimes try to join in, but there's just so much going on that I can't keep up since I'm not in class all the time. Dancing is quite fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 PM

    That's because you don't have gym.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.