January 27, 2013

The Carrie Diaries

The Carrie Diaries is definitely, without a doubt  my new favorite show. It's the prequel to Sex and the City so the show takes place in the 80's. Way back when Carrie Bradshaw was only a teenager.
Carrie's mother recently died and the whole family was having a hard time dealing with it, especially when school starts again. In an attempt make Carrie more comfortable, her father arranges for an internship at a law firm in Manhattan. And that's when everything changes for Carrie. She discovers a whole new world and meets someone who allows her to be the person she wished she was.
Sadly, the show is new and there are only two episodes out so far which you can watch on cw.com.
I don't really know what makes this show so amazing. Maybe for me, it's the fashion. The sylist did an amazing job mixing modern fashion with the neons and bold prints of the 80's. My favorites are when Carrie arrives to work at the law firm and even though her attire is business appropriate, it's also very bold, chic, and colorful. And it doesn't hurt that half the show takes place in Manhattan, a place that I'm familiar with.


1 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous11:40 PM

    Omg... I saw like the trailer for this, and it said it was written by the same people who wrote Sex And The City, but I did not know this was the prequel... I've never really watched Sex And The City... perhaps it is because when it aired, I was still too young. But I guess the Carrie Diaries is targeting the younger viewers instead. I hear people talking about it, but I haven't given it a go myself... Maybe I'll watch it when I have time...maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.