November 7, 2012

Basketball



Basketball season is just around the corner! Try outs are on the 29th of October and I cannot wait! It’s something that I look forward to all year long; the games, the excitement, the fans, the chants, and everything that follows in a game. Being on the basketball team had made me develop as a person, a leader, and a role model. I have never regretted joining the team; in matter of fact, it has been the best choice I have ever made. Making new friends and just playing a sport that we all love. Bonding with each other inside and outside of school and just leaving the stress off for a few hours. Nothing to worry about, just basketball and I love it. Not only was I able to play a sport I love, meeting new people that became family, it was a great way to stay healthy and fit. I lost 20 pounds in 2 months!!!!!!!! Its great, during the season I eat healthy and stay healthy. During games, that intense feeling you get when it is crunch time and the scores are so close... it just gives me the butterflies, nervous feeling like playing the first game. Those are the feelings I love. The feelings like I am part of a team that I thought I wouldn't be able to make it in. I'm counting down the days until try outs, until our start of the season, until our first game.

Kathy Chiam
(Senior)
Writer for Sports

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.