November 5, 2012

YouTube to MP3 Converters: Right or Wrong?


You want to download new songs, but you have no money on your Itunes account.  What do you do? You will probably consider downloading it off the internet.  One of the most common ways that people download music off the internet by using the YouTube to Mp3 converter which is technically not illegal.  It is not illegal because you are not sharing with others and it is only for personal use.  However, Google has been fighting to take down these websites that allow people to use this.  Many people think it is unfair that they are doing this since it is not illegal.  This has led to people signing petitions to protest this.
Recently, I checked to see if any of these websites are still running. They are still running, but for some strange reason I could not download any of the songs on any of the websites.  Was it a glitch on my computer or was it because these sites were restricted from allowing visitors to download these songs?  Is it morally right to download these songs because you are not paying for them to contribute to the artist? Or is it fine to download it because you would just watch it on YouTube anyways? What do you think?

- Giselle Barkley, Entertainment

1 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous10:18 PM

    I really love this topic because I'm sure everyone is able to relate. I have to admit, I have used MP3 converters for certain songs but if it's an artist that I really love & want to support, I would buy the CD just to have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.