September 25, 2012

COMIC CON 2012

It's that time of the year again! Comic Con is next month and it will be a whole weekend. It will also be open on Thursday but that cost extra because only reporters and journalists will be there so it is like an "exclusive" day. It is such a great environment to be in especially if you enjoy video games, comics, artwork, and all that good stuff. If you have never been there before I highly recommend that you attend because it only occurs once a year and most of the time is isn't in New York. It can be highly costly but I recommend that you bring your own food since the food there is expensive. Throughout the whole event, there will be people cosplaying which is basically when someone dresses as their favorite character from a movie, game, comic, anime or anything else. It is really is a great experience seeing all these different people come together. In terms of cosplay, there are some amateurs but there are some great cosplayers as well who actually take on the role of the character and make them seem like they're real. There are also panels where you can meet some of the artists of your favorite comics or even get a chance to see Stan Lee who is the chair man and creator of Marvel Comics. After a whole day of walking around, you will probably be exhausted. I suggest wearing some comfortable shoes. It can be tiring but it really is worth it. Throughout the whole arena, there are some stands that sell all this merchandise but I recommend that you do not buy anything unless it is exclusive to Comic Con. The merchandise includes toys, t-shirts, hats, hoodies and basically any type of accessory or clothing that you can think of. This merchandise is expensive so I recommend you either bring small amounts of cash so you won't be tempted to buy anything because the stuff really can be tempting. Overall, it is a good experience seeing a bunch of people that enjoy the things you enjoy.

-Sebastian Cruz, Entertainment Executive

7 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    I've never been to comic con but I've heard about it and seen clips on youtube. It seems really cool with all the costumes and characters. Although it's not exactly "my thing" I actually might consider going this year just for the experience. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 PM

    I'm Going on the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:56 PM

    i want to go but too lazy to order a pass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 PM

    It's worth it at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:15 PM

    Honestly, I am not that type of girl, but I wish, I REALLY WISH I was. This sounds like loads of fun, too bad if I went, I won't be able to fit in because I'll look too normal and not awesome at all. I've seen Comic Con in Youtube Videos, I think it looks very fun, because everyone is dressed up as different fictional characters, and meet different people with the same interest as them. Sebastian, I really like your recommendations, and now I know if I decide on going I can turn to you for help. Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but have you ever been to Comic Con before?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:31 PM

    I actually have been to the previous Comic Con that was in New York a few years ago. Don't be discouraged because there are plenty of people who dress normally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:23 PM

    You could have bought the ticket online and they
    e-mail it to you. to bad wait for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.