October 22, 2012

Dishonored Review (Spoilers)

*WARNING: Spoilers

The story line in Dishonored revolves around the main character named Corvo Attano who is the bodyguard of the empress Jessamine Kaldwin. The setting takes place in an industrial city called Dunwall which is modeled after London during the early 1900s. Dunwall is infected with a plague that spreads by rats and kills the poor. Corvo gets framed for the assassination of the empress and the kidnapping of the princess, Young Lady Emily. He becomes an assassin that works with the loyalist to overthrow the tyranny of the new government. As you advance through the story, Corvo gains more power that you can use to make assassinations easier. Later on, Corvo is betrayed by the loyalists but is able to escape death. He finds the assassins that killed the empress and eliminates them. Corvo then finds out the location of Lady Emily and rescues her. The ending of the game has different variations depending on how much chaos the player caused throughout the game. Chaos levels depend on the amount of violent actions and deaths are cause by the player. If chaos is low, Lady Emily becomes empress with Corvo by her side and Dunwall enters a golden age with the plague gone. If chaos is high, Emily still becomes the empress with Corvo by her side but Dunwall remains in turmoil and the plague still remains. If Corvo doesn’t save Emily, Dunwall falls and Corvo flees the empire by ship. Overall, the game was fun to play with the different styles players could adapt to complete the objectives. The story wasn't that great but it is a game that I would play multiple times. I would rate this game an 8.5/10.

- Alan Chen, Entertainment - Video Games

2 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    8.5 out of 10 is certainly a strong rating. Overall you make it sound like a quality game, but I can’t help being a bit skeptical still. Especially after some other highly anticipated games (like Deus Ex: Human Revolution with its annoying boss battles and terrible ending) really let me down. These days I follow some advice I got from one of my coworkers at DISH and I don’t buy a game until after I’ve rented it and had a chance to log some hours on it. It’s saved me a good deal of money in the past six months or so. So Dishonored is already in my Blockbuster @Home queue, and I’ll get to play it soon; luckily until then I’ve got Borderlands 2 keeping me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Who is this? Guys, make sure to comment with your school's google account so we know who everyone is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.