October 27, 2012

DIY: The Perfect Top Knot


 The Top Knot is an easy and simple hairstyle that anyone can do. From simply throwing your hair up to a messy bun, to making it neat and pristine, everyone has been following this trend, this fall. With school, we hardly have any time to create a cute hairstyle after picking an outfit, eating breakfast, and for some of us, doing our makeup. So our hair is often neglected. Recently, I purchased something called a Foam Hair Foundation, which is basically a foam piece shaped into a donut. You wrap your hair around it, to get a fuller bun. I went home, tried it out, and was pleased with the results, but then I realized I could make this product myself. Personally, I believe it is more satisfying when you make something yourself, that way you can make it exactly how you want it. I have really thin hair, and can never seem to get that really full bun look, so this is a fast and easy way for me to get the perfect bun. If you don’t want to have to spend money for this, there is a simple way to make one yourself. Here is how you do it:


Step 1
Find a pair of old, and hopefully clean socks.

Step 2
Using any amount of socks; combine all of them into one.


Step 3
At the bottom of the sock, cut a small opening.


Step 4
Roll the sock inside out, so that it looks like a small donut.


To put it in your hair, gather it up into a high ponytail, and slip it through the hole, and wrap your hair around the sock. For added protection, you can secure with bobby pins, (people with long hair usually don’t have to use them), and it would hold fine.


Comments from Baruch Students:
Kristal, a 9th grader says: “I like it, because my hair doesn’t get in the way.”
Kristina, a 9th grader says: “I feel comfortable.”
Hope you have fun with this easy DIY!
               
 -Zakiyyah Mandisa     

1 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous1:26 AM

    This is awesome! Thank you-- Such a useful tutorial although I personally prefer simple buns because ain't no body got time to do all that when they're in class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.