October 8, 2012

Layering for the fall!

It's finally autumn and it's getting colder by the day. Its time to put alway the skirts and bring out those sweaters & cardigans! I don't know about you but I love comfy knit sweaters, they're easy in the hectic mornings and they keep you warm in the classroom.

Start off with the basics. A pair of jeans and a tank top, I'm pretty sure everyone has that.

Throw on a cardigan of your choice. Feel like the neck line is way too plain? Add a scarf to keep yourself warm or if you're feeling it, put on a statement necklace. Weeeeeeeeeeee, look at that gif go.
Maybe you don't feel comfortable wearing a tanktop. You can always opt for a button down shirt, very classic and they're everywhere! Layer a scarf, chunky cardigan, or both. I love the way the collar shows through the cardigan, it dresses up the neckline without anything too flashy. If you think that a simple collar isn't enough for you, slip a necklace under the collar so it'll peek through. Whenever I feel like my sweater or cardigan is too overwhelmingly big or chunky, I roll up the sleeves. This instantly "tailors" your shirt giving it a more put together, chic appearance.

If you're going to be out all day with the crunchy leaves and chilly breeze, start off with a tank top. This will keep your center warmer thus, keeping you warmer. Put on your favorite sweater and then a scarf to keep your neck warm. I always find that if your neck is warm, you are warmer overall. I prefer circle or infinity scarves because I don't have to deal with the two dangling "tails" a regular scarf has. I've had that gray faux leather jacket for years and it has never failed me. It goes with about anything and gray is a lot softer than black is. Of course, feel free to substitute whatever you own into these outfit ideas.
Remember ladies, you don't have to wear less or show more skin in order to get compliments. Layering different fabrics, textures, and colors are just as eye catching, if not more.

Enjoy the colder weather yet to come. Hope you enjoyed and was inspired in way or another.


1 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    I really like this post and the gifs a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
    really love your style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.