October 25, 2012

French Perfection

Words can not even begin to describe how much I enjoy eating macarons. They're usually very colorful which makes them even more appealing to me. They're sweet but not too sweet and the cream or jam center is to die for. It's a little hard to explain the texture but once you bite into one, the shell cracks and melts in your mouth. I believe they taste best chilled. Macarons originated from France which means that they're usually expensive. With a diameter of approximately 1.5 inches, one macaron usually ranges from $1.50 to $3.00 each. I love the colorful burger like treats so much that I prefer them over chocolate on Valentine's day. So if they're expensive but I love them so much, why not make my own? Well, macarons being French perfection isn't the only reason why they're pricey. Making the perfect macaron takes precision, time, and experience. You have to mix the batter a certain way, bake them at a certain temperate at different times, and the detail goes down to even the pan you bake them on. If you haven't tried these, I'm sure you've seen them all over t.v. I know that macarons have been featured on Gossip Girl several times, they're a favorite of Blair Waldorfs.
My favorite flavors? I enjoy them all but if I had to choose, they would be red velvet and raspberry. The sweet shell with the tangy center makes the perfect combo. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they look all fancy.
Macarons are definitely not one of those weird foreign delicacies. Just simply delicious and well worth the money.

0 People Spoke:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.