October 18, 2012

October Birchbox 2012


I finally received my Birchbox in the mail today. For those of you who don’t know what Birchbox is, it’s a monthly subscription service where you pay $10 a month for 4-5 beauty samples. Sometimes you can get a full-sized product in the box, but mostly it’s a small sample. But it’s all worth it in the end, and since you never know what’s in your box until it arrives in the mail, it’s a great surprise too. The products I received this month were:
1.       Malin + Goetz
-Bergamot Body Wash
-Grapefruit Face Cleanser
       2. Ouidad Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream
      3. Sprout Lip Balm Flights
      4. Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
      5. Luna Bar – Lemon Zest

…and all for a grand total of $10, and in my opinion, that’s not bad at all. Most of the prices for some of the full sized products are expensive, so getting it for only ten is a good deal. There were two full sized products, the Luna bar and the Sprout Lip Balm in my October box. Everything else is a onetime use sample. Usually you would get four products, but instead I got six, which is also a plus of the surprise element. Sometimes there is an extra bonus in the box, something everyone would want. And when they come, your day just gets a little bit better. Recently Birchbox starting to add food products into the boxes and in September I received tea.  Personally I’m not a fan of getting food items because the reason I joined was to try new beauty products. However, this is also a way to get items that are organic, healthy, and actually taste good. This month was a special one Birchbox teamed up with a lifestyle blog called Goop and had two options, the regular box and the special Goop one. I chose the special one, so this is the products in the Goop box, not the regular October Birchbox.  I’m pretty happy with my box this month, and with this being my second one I’m excited to see what else I will get in the upcoming months. This is something anyone can join if they want to try new products, (there is also an option for males called Birchbox Man). If you’re interested in joining Birchbox, log on to birchbox.com and create an account.

- Zakiyyah Mandisa 

1 People Spoke:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    This is sorta interesting because I've ordered from subscription sites before such as shoe mint & jewel mint. Both times I was very satisfied with the quality and price of my items so maybe I'll try this too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
Your opinion is greatly valued.